Guest Bloggers Welcome!
We love guest bloggers at TouchingNature.co.uk and we’re always interested in hearing from you and your ideas, reading your perspective and insights into the places you’ve explored – and our readers are inspired by them too!
How to Become a TouchingNature.co.uk Guest Blogger
- Love travelling, walking, exploring nature or hiking in Europe?
- Want to be a travel writer?
- Enjoy reliving your travels in Europe and sharing your experiences with others?
- Have a travel story to tell that our site visitors would like?
Then you could be a TouchingNature.co.uk guest blogger! We welcome posts from anyone with a great story to share, no travel writing experience required.
We’re very easy going about the blog posts we accept, but we do have a handful of basic rules to make sure that all guest blog posts are suitable for our readers. If your blog post fits into our criteria, then send it over!
Our Rules and Guidelines for Submission
Your article is more likely to be accepted if:
- It is about walking, hiking, rambling, travelling, nature and / or tourist attractions in Europe
- Its content is of special interest to our website visitors
- Is not a thinly veiled attempt to promote an unrelated business
- Its links (if any) are all directly related to the story, with no more than a maximum of 2-3 links
Pretty simple and straightforward, right?
- Nothing controversial. While we appreciate your thoughts and opinions, and don’t believe that we shouldn’t discuss something just because some might find it uncomfortable, TouchingNature.co.uk is, at its core, an online travel guide for walkers, hikers and those who love travelling and nature. We aren’t really the best place to host heated debates, so we’re unlikely to accept your post if it’s a strong opinion piece.
- No plagiarism. This should really go without saying, but we will check to make sure that your blog post is original and not just copied from somewhere else. If necessary, cite your sources. Remember, we want YOUR thoughts and ideas!
- We reserve the right to edit posts for clarity, grammar, etc.
- The editor’s decision is final. We always reserve the right to not publish a guest blog post if we feel that it doesn’t fit in with our ethos and brand or we simply don’t feel the material is right for us.
We charge a one-off editorial fee of €100 per blog post to cover our costs.
- Blog posts should be between 300-1000 words
- Links need to be included in the text, not left simply as a link
- Photos should be sent as separate jpg files, not embedded within the text
If you have a blog post that fits in with everything above, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll respond as soon as we can. If you have a website, please include the link so we can have a look. This will help speed up the process.
Thank you so much!